CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
Pernod Ricard Winemakers Pty Ltd ABN 75 007 870 046 (‘Pernod Ricard Winemakers’) is bound by and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). In accordance with Part IIIA of the Privacy Act our policy for handling certain credit information and credit eligibility information is explained below.
WHAT KIND OF CREDIT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
The kind of credit information we collect and hold includes:
- Identification Information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address and employment details;
- Court Proceedings Information about a judgement of an Australian Court that is made against you that relates to credit that was provided to, or applied for, by you;
- Personal Insolvency Information recorded in the Personal Insolvency Index; and
- Publicly Available Information.
WHY WE COLLECT/HOLD CREDIT INFORMATION & CREDIT ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
There are a variety of reasons why Pernod Ricard Winemakers collects and holds this information including to:
- assess whether to provide you with commercial credit or accept you as guarantor;
- provide your guarantor or potential guarantor with information;
- undertake debt recovery and enforcement activities, including in relation to guarantors; and/or
- assist other credit providers (as permitted by the Privacy Act).
HOW WE COLLECT CREDIT INFORMATION
We collect credit information about an individual from you or by persons acting on your behalf (including on application forms or other forms in our outgoing dealings with you in connection with credit, through contact over the telephone and in person). Some credit information will also be derived by us from your transactions in connection with credit, such as when you make payments to us.
We also collect credit information from credit reporting bodies and other credit providers (as permitted by the Privacy Act).
PROTECTION OF CREDIT INFORMATION & CREDIT ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Access to any credit information or credit eligibility information held about you is restricted to those persons who need to know that information in order to carry out the task for which the information was collected. Pernod Ricard Winemakers has physical and internal security measures in place to ensure that your information is protected which includes restriction to electronic files and secure filing on site.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO CREDIT INFORMATION OR CREDIT ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
You have the right to contact Pernod Ricard Winemakers (see contact details below) and request access to any credit information or credit eligibility information that we have collected about you.
Pernod Ricard Winemakers Pty Ltd
GPO Box 2246
ADELAIDE SA 5001
(08) 8131 2400
(08) 8202 0502
You also have a right to request correction of any credit information or credit eligibility information that Pernod Ricard Winemakers may hold. If you discover the information we hold about you is incorrect please contact the abovementioned person in writing to advise the necessary correction and the relevant information will be corrected within a reasonable period of time.
If you feel that Pernod Ricard Winemakers has breached the Part IIIA of the Privacy Act please contact the Corporate Lawyer (see contact details above). Details in relation to any breach will need to be provided by you in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 7 days of receipt and will investigate and aim to resolve complaints within 30 days